Spectruck is writing this to reassure you that we are doing whatever is necessary to protect all our patients and staff during RMCO.
All staff (including optometrist, sales and admin) will have their body temperature checked daily and they will not come to work if they develop any symptoms that may be related to COVID19, which includes fever, cough, widespread body aches, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea.
All patients are advised not to enter the building if they have been overseas within the last 14 days. If they have any of the following symptoms, fever, cough, widespread body aches, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea, they will be asked not to attend until they have been 100% well for at least 48 hours, or have had a negative coronavirus test result.
Like everyone across the globe, we are watching the COVID-19 outbreak with close attention.
After seeing the devastating impact on those affected overseas, it is our duty to reassure you that our team at Malaya Optical is taking all proactive measures to protect our valued customers/patients by implementing the highest standards of health and hygiene to stay safe. As this is an ongoing pandemic worldwide, we would be updating and changing our policy to ensure everyone’s safety.
As optometry is classified as essential services by the ministry of health, we would be open during the RMCO.
As a courtesy we ask that all patients/visitors to Malaya Optical and all staff please oblige us with the following when visiting :
- We would be required to ask you to fill up a declaration form in accordance with the RMCO.
- We would also be taking your temperature as well.
- We would also require wearing a mask and also sanitizing your hands upon arrival to our practice.
- We would also need to only serve customers by appointment basis during this RMCO to encourage social distancing.
- During this uncertain time, if you have a fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms we respectfully request that you choose not to attend. We also wish you a speedy recovery and return to Malaya Optical when you are well.
- We all respect the importance of hygiene and handwashing, so please use the hand sanitizer on your arrival. These are on the reception counter and front display table.
As health professionals, we believe that prevention is the key and excellent hygiene practice is critical. In addition to our usual practices, we are adopting the following measures :
- All benchtops, door handles, and bathroom surfaces are wiped down and sanitized regularly by our team. Also, 3 major sanitization which is upon opening and closing and in the mid-day.
- We have altered the seating arrangements in our display table to comply with the recommended social distancing regulations.
- As the situation is constantly changing, we’ll be updating our policies from time to time.
For the most part, it will be business as usual after RMCO. These are unpredictable times for everyone in the community and we will be trying to limit the impact this has on the business so we can continue to deliver great eye care to our clients and patients.
SOP FOR EYE CHECK-UP